What I saved today

How I saved money, time or the environment today or recently. Relevant comments or questions are appreciated.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Recipe for toothpaste from The Simple Dollar

"Over the years, I’ve tried various mixes to some degree of success. The trick for me has always been to find an easily repeatable way to make and then dispense the toothpaste.
The best recipe I’ve found is mixing 1/2 cup baking soda, 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide, a packet of stevia (a natural sweetener that also is good for your teeth), and either a dash of cinnamon or a drop or two of peppermint oil (for flavor). Mix these together until they form a paste. If you need a bit more liquid, add a tiny bit more peroxide. If you need more solid for a thicker paste, add a bit more baking soda.
This stuff tastes quite good and leaves my mouth feeling really clean when I’m done with it.
For dispensing it, just head to the travel toiletries section of your local department store and pick out a small empty travel squirt container. If you have one of these, you can actually make the toothpaste right in the container, stirring it with a small stick (I use a chopstick), then putting the cap on and using it as a squeeze tube. Works like a charm."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home