What I saved today

How I saved money, time or the environment today or recently. Relevant comments or questions are appreciated.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

I miss my CSA

I really miss belonging to a CSA. CSA stands for community supported agriculture. We had a farm share for about six years when we lived in New Jersey, but none are available close enough to where we live now. We picked up just-picked organic produce from June to November every week. The price was much less than it would have cost us to buy the non-organic produce at the grocery store. Sometimes it posed a challenge to use up all the produce from week to week, like when there was a bumper crop of lettuce or heirloom tomatoes. But we were exposed to a lot of vegetables I had never seen before and I was challenged in a good way to research recipes to use up these oddities, which usually turned out quite tasty. Localharvest can help you to find a CSA or Farmer's Market in your area.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home