What I saved today

How I saved money, time or the environment today or recently. Relevant comments or questions are appreciated.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

washing in cold water

Washing clothes and dishes in cold water saves lots of money on heating the water.  Its also better for the environment.  I do use hot water when someone is sick with something worse than a cold.  And for fabrics which can't be washed in hot water, I am now going to be using the vinegar and hydrogen peroxide method I blogged about earlier to kill germs before washing with other items.
I try to at least let jeans air dry because they last longer that way.  I confess to using the dryer for most things because I convince myself "if I hang up only the things that won't wrinkle when air drying, I won't have a full load for the dryer."  I am terrible at ironing and I figure I wouldn't be saving much money and certainly losing time if I ironed clothing instead of letting the dryer take the wrinkles out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home