What I saved today

How I saved money, time or the environment today or recently. Relevant comments or questions are appreciated.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

buy in bulk, sometimes

Generally I buy snack foods, mozzarella cheese and chicken tenders.  Unless I can combine a sale and a coupon to do better on a comparable item.  On these items in particular, it seems the smaller the package, the greater the price per pound.  I am not going to pay $8 a pound for individual size snack bags when I can pay $2.50 a pound and break up the bag as needed into individual servings at home or in reusable containers for school.  Sometimes I even get ambitious and bake healthy snacks.  Cutting down on packaging is good for the environment and easier on the wallet.  It takes more time to divvy up the big package or bake from scratch, but its often worth the trade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home