What I saved today

How I saved money, time or the environment today or recently. Relevant comments or questions are appreciated.

Friday, July 2, 2010

research before you buy

There have been many times when I have bought something and regretted the purchase, not because I didn't want the item, but because it turned out to be poorly designed.  This is rarely a problem anymore as there are all kinds of reviews on all kinds of products available for free via the Internet.  Whenever I am considering purchasing an item new, I check several sites for reviews of the product.  Many times husband and I  have wound up purchasing the least expensive option because it also get the best reviews.  Other times, we have seen why certain features would be well worth the extra cost.  We've also done price comparisons between stores when we are shopping for big ticket items.  An hour of research can save dozens of dollars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home